Saturday, February 21, 2009

Poland Update

I've still been experiencing Internet connection problems. I ended up changing hotel rooms yesterday in hopes of improving it. I can actually find a connection, but the wireless in the hotel is fluky. One minute I have a strong signal and the next minute I can barely find it.

It is to the point I don't dare and try to upload pictures. That will have to wait until I return home.

Yesterday was the first day it didn't snow. It has been more like daily snow showers since it doesn't really accumulate that much. There is snow on the ground, but we haven't gained much more since our arrival.

The area of Poland that we are in is pretty. Lots of forests and of course, the lakes. The frozen lakes. :-)

I would imagine that in the summer months, this is a great place to visit.

The Polish people have been very gracious. Many speak English which is more than I can say about us speaking Polish. We are slowly learning a few words like thank you and please. With time we will learn more.

This afternoon our group is scheduled to go on another horse drawn sleigh ride. We did one Thursday night that also included a short train ride through one of their national forests. We had fun and the food was delicious. I suspect the ride today will be at the same place as the last one. At least it will be a day time ride and I hope to get more pictures. These rides are hosted by the yards building our boats so it is as much a business function as it is a social outing.

Time to get back to work!

No comments: