Here it is, Saturday morning, and we aren't in Okanogan. What happened, you ask?
We got a call Thursday evening that the permit office may not be open on Friday due to summer hours possibly being in effect. A phone call to the permit office and a search of the web could not turn up the office hours. Rather than driving over and taking the chance the permit office would be open, we elected to wait until Monday.
It actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Karl got violently sick Thursday night and there's no way we could have gone over. Now we will drive over on Sunday. Slightly disappointed - yes, but better to lose one day of work rather than two. C'mon tomorrow!