Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Camera Bag #2 Arrived Today

The new camera bag/backpack to replace the first bag was on the porch when I got home today.

If you remember, I returned bag #1, the Lowepro Slingshot 350 AW because my laptop would not fit in it.

The replacement bag I ordered was the Lowepro Vertex 200 AW. According to the dimensions on the manufacturer's website, my laptop should fit. Guess what? IT DOES!!

Now I can "safely" carry my laptop and camera gear when I travel. I just need to get the air card for the laptop and I'll be set!

I bought both camera bags from Sell N Send on eBay. This is an excellent eBay seller. I had great communication and fast service from them, even with returning the first camera bag.

Their prices compared to the list price is awesome. The list on the Vertex 200 AW is $299.99. Umm, I'm not shelling out those kind of bucks for a camera bag. Not as a hobbyist. Price on eBay for the same bag is $159.95 and includes shipping. That is a 47% discount off of MSRP! (On a side note, Sell N Send is an authorized Lowepro retailer. Their main website has the same Vertex 200 AW listed for $229.95. Save the money - buy it through eBay.)

Pssst - please don't tell Karl I spent $160 for the new bag. :-) Even that sounds like a lot of moolah, and it is. But I wanted to carry both the camera and the laptop together in one bag.

The new bag certainly has plenty of room in it. Guess I'll have to find a way to fill it. I'm thinking a new macro lens would be nice. Dreams sure are nice because it will be awhile before I can afford that.

Outside front of the bag

Interior storage

Computer Storage

For now, guess I'll have to stash some chocolate in those outside storage compartments.

No comments: