Sunday, February 15, 2009

Departure Day

Poland? In the winter? Are you nuts?!

Yes, yes and maybe. :-)

Part of my new job requires me to travel and off I go today for two weeks. This is mostly a business trip although I will have a least one day to do some some sightseeing.

I have a 10 hour flight to Copenhagen this evening, then a short layover before jetting off to Warsaw where our group will spend the night. Tuesday morning we will drive to Augustów ( listen) which is about 4 hours northeast of Warsaw.

Augustów, Polska (From Wikipedia)

There is a 9 hour time difference to adjust to. Whoa! When we arrive in Warsaw, it will be close to 5 p.m. their time, 9 a.m. Pacific time tomorrow. I've been reading that taking melatonin will help reduce the effects of jet lag so we shall see.

Unfortunately, I developed a cold a few days ago that I am still battling and hope the traveling doesn't make it worse. This morning I awoke feeling better than I did yesterday.

The weather is going to be chilly over there, too. Glad I'm bringing my hat, gloves and scarf.


This is my first trip abroad and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I've got a camera ready and intend to post several pictures during my stay.

No comments: