Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Foliage - Part 1

It was another gray and sometimes wet weekend on the eastern side of the Cascades. But with the trees showing off their fall finery, who cares?

I'll start off with a shot of trees in Darrington on the western side as we made our way east. My oh my! They were gorgeous! So much so that I asked Karl to turn around and go back so I could take a picture.

Darrington Display

Once over on the eastern side, I had the opportunity to get some shots of the fall colors around the Okanogan area.

Old Homestead

A Different Splash of Color

Hillside Home

Path of Red

Town View

More of the Trees in Town

Yellow Giant

Legion Park

Orchard

Tomorrow, I will share more pictures from this weekend as we drove through the Methow Valley and across the North Cascades Highway. I even have some shots from two weekends ago so you can see the change.

4 comments:

Gaelyn said...

All your fall colors are beautiful and bright especially against that rather cloudy looking sky.

Webster said...

Lovely fall pictures. I hope you go back for followup photos of Legion Park. I think they will be outstanding. Thanks.

Sally in WA said...

Thanks for the comments. I'll be back at Legion Park next weekend for a follow up shot!

Amanda said...

Abolutely GORGEOUS!!!