Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekend Reflections - Geese on the Lake

I believe we have a resident pair of Canada Geese on our lake. When I was down on our dock, what I assume is the male got out of the lake and kept a watchful eye on me. I'll keep a watchful eye on them for a string of little goslings following behind them as Spring comes on. I've spotted them several times in the matted area of reeds on the right side of the photo so perhaps that will be the nesting site. The site is across a small finger of water so they are safe from our dogs.

Canada Geese Pair


James at Newtown Area Photo is the host each week of Weekend Reflections. Click on the logo above to see more reflections shared from around the world, or to share yours.

13 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic capture, Sally!! Perfect reflections on that very STILL water! What lovely guests to have for the season! Hope to see pics of little ones later!

Sylvia

Cezar and Léia said...

Oh gosh, this reflections are perfect! A mirror!
Amazing capture!
Léia

Dianne said...

I love geese and this couple is beautiful :)

joo said...

It's a wonderful photo!
have a great weekend:)
j.

Nancy said...

How beautiful. I love Canada geese. So regal in the water, aren't they? :)

genie said...

These Canadian geese with their reflection make a wonderfully beautiful photo. I can just see this picture hanging on the wall in someone’s study. The shades of brown against the green grass and the black and white on the geese all help make this picture totally captivating.

Kim, USA said...

I love the color of these geese. So nice to see them so peaceful.
WR-Sunset

Regina said...

Beautiful!
Happy weekend reflections.
R e g i n a

Kay L. Davies said...

A lovely, peaceful spot, Sally, with beautiful reflections. I hope you do get your string of goslings. I'd love to see some photos of them.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Kay L. Davies said...

PS --
My verification word was "inest" - significant? I hope so! LOL

Unknown said...

Such perfect reflections! Wonderful image, great shot.

Karen said...

the geese are gorgeous! and the ripples on the water are so perfect.

Karen said...

what is a workamper?