Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful

But the fire is so delightful. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Okay, so we had our first snowfall of the year in Western Washington. I like it any way. We received about 3 to 4 inches of snow since Friday evening. Most of it came last night.

I've said in the past that I like snow. It's the cold I dislike so much. And cold it will be here.

Outside temp as of this writing is 35 degrees F. I bought a new digital thermometer so I can see how cold it will be outside over the next few days. It is supposed to be unseasonably cold for our area. At least the snow will stick around for a few more days.

House Blanketed in Snow


View down to the Lake

Lake View

Believe it or not, the photos are not black and white. This was the look of the landscape with the morning light. You can tell because the house is yellow and the trees really are dark green.

It was very picturesque around the lake. And peaceful. The trumpeter swans had already departed for their daily feeding in nearby fields. If I was smart, I would have trekked back down to the lake earlier this afternoon and waited for the swans to return. It's getting too dark now to get any pictures of them on the lake.

I wish we had a webcam over at the cabin. I'd love to see how much it snowed there.

I went grocery shopping today and maybe, just maybe, I picked up a little Christmas spirit when I purchased a few gifts for family members. It has been difficult to not be a Scrooge this year, what with our job situations. I may put the tree up this coming week. If not, definitely next weekend.

For now, it's still Bah Humbug!

No comments: