Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wheels Up!

Some of you may already know that I work across the street from a private airport. The airport used to be a former air station so it has a long runway. Consequently, small private jets use this facility quite frequently.

Many a day I have sat at my desk in a windowless office hearing the jets take off and land.

There are a couple of guys that own some older military fighter jets and the airport is their home base. On nice days, you can hear them doing touch-and-gos. Some days I see them, but mostly not. And never when I have my camera with me.

Today was my lucky day. One of them decided to do some practice runs and it just happened to coincide with my lunch time. Of course I had my camera with me.

I heard the jet taking off and landing a couple of times so I grabbed the camera and high-tailed it across the street. I had a pretty decent vantage point to snap some shots.

Dasssault-Breguet/Dornier Alpha Jet (German Built Version)

See the Burn

Wheels Up!

Banking Left After Takeoff

Getting Ready for the Approach

2 comments:

Gaelyn said...

What an interesting sight. I suppose it's rather noisey.

JC said...

Cool Photos ..

~~~ Stuey http://rusticranch.blogspot.com is having her Pay It Forward ... if you want any cool items ... go visit her blog ~~~