Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trainspotting

One of the fun things about the Mukilteo Lighthouse Park is the close proximity to the railroad tracks. They run right next to the park - fenced off of course. Several trains went by while I was at the park including Amtrak and freight.

They were several great vantage points to snap some photos. This one was one of my favorites. It looked like the train was coming right at me thanks to the curve in the track.


This track is the same one that goes through Stanwood farther north where we will have our own Amtrak stop in a couple of months. Although I didn't get a shot of the Amtrak Cascades trains, here's another one of their's streaming by.


I need to go back to the park again one day soon! I had too much fun.

6 comments:

penny said...

Your first photo just took my breath away... I wonder how you captured that shot and lived to tell about it. Well done!

poefusion said...

I too am taken by that first photo. It's great. I think you were in the right spot for sure. Here's hoping you get back to the park soon. Have a great day.

Cezar and Léia said...

wow Sally! This post is outstanding!How did you get these shots!They are perfect!
Thanks dear friend
Léia

Dr.blogger said...

beautiful shot, be careful during taking pictures

Gaelyn said...

If it weren't for the fence I'd been sure you were a gonner. You did say you liked trains. Great captures.

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu reading and visiting your blog