Friday, January 16, 2009

Fun and D-O-N-E

It's been a busy couple of days.

I took my typing test yesterday and scored 71 words per minute. Not bad, I say. So I met the 30 wpm goal for the job. Another part done.

Then I went up to our house to take some pictures of the surroundings. I wanted to make sure Karl could see what it looked like this time of year.

Snowy Splendor

Looking back down our road

Afterwards, I went next door and spent the afternoon visiting with Amanda and playing with Cody & Aly, the young'uns. I don't know who had more fun - the kids or me!

It was a totally enjoyable afternoon and I look forward to doing it again, minus all the snow of course.

Our House from the Neighbor's Driveway

I left at sunset to drive back to Twisp. The light on the basalt ridge near the house was just awesome. I'm not the greatest of photographers, but I think I captured some of the spectacular sunset.


Basalt Ridge at Sunset

I went for a walk with our friend, George, and his dog this morning. It was a bit chilly. The hoar frost on the trees and plants was pretty.

A Coat of Hoar Frost

Then the turkeys made an appearance in front of his house. I must have counted 9 or 10 of them.

Why did the turkey cross the road? Why, to get to the other side!

Trip

Today, I had my 15 minute interview with a panel of 3 women from the Civil Service board. I don't think I made a good impression on one of the women. Oh well, can't please them all.

If I get the job and take it, it would be a huge change for us. On the other hand, if I don't get it, I will be okay with that, too. There was at least one other candidate for the position that I felt was worthy of getting it. I hope she does get the job. I may have another opportunity that I will know more about come Monday.

Speaking of Monday, that's when I will know about the clerk's position.

Right after finishing the interview, I headed for home. I made it in about 4-1/4 hours. The pass was clear, only hit one patch of ice that made the truck squirrely, and then got stuck traffic from Monroe to home. Rush hour. Yuck.

It felt good to get home and be greeted by Karl and the animals.

2 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Fantastico il tuo " Trip ".-
Quanti anni ha ?
E' un maschio o una femmina ?
Io ho un cane chow-chow di nome Igor ed ha 9 anni.-
Best regard.- :-)

Unknown said...

Il viaggio è un maschio ed è circa 9 mesi. Non appartiene a me, comunque. È un friend' cane di s. Lo lascerò conoscerlo ho chiesto notizie su lui.

Ho veduto le vostre immagini di Igor. È un collega bello.

Spiacente per la mia traduzione difficile.