Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've Moved

No, no, no. It's not what you think it is. I moved to a different office today. At least I started changing offices. Now I am back in an office that I used to be in several years ago. What a pain it is even moving offices. But, it is giving me a chance to clean out a lot of "stuff" I've accumulated over the years.

Today, I also went out to our proto building where we used to prototype boats during development. It was extremely sad to see most of the equipment and things cleared out. The building is quickly becoming a hollow shell. I have such fond memories and this transition is very difficult to watch.

I almost feel like I have "survivor's guilt" because I will still have a job after many of my co-workers are gone. This coming Friday will be hard for me because several of my friends will be leaving. I am not looking forward to it at all.

Karl and I went to the Seattle Boat Show after work. Not to buy a boat, but to attend a seminar on kayak fishing. One of the guys from the fishing forum that Karl is on was the presenter. I found it very interesting and realized that Karl definitely needs to get more safety gear for kayaking. I want him to be safe out on the water, especially if the kayak should tip over (or do a "huli" as the yakkers call it).

It certainly wasn't as fun to attend the boat show as in previous years. The excitement just isn't there like it used to be. Yes, I saw the 245SB that was the last new boat program I managed. And yes, I saw a lot of the other boats that I've played a part in developing. My heart just wasn't in it however.

No pictures today either. It was lightly snowing on the way in to work and I didn't feel like taking any on the way to Seattle. Maybe tomorrow will present other opportunities.

I know I have so much to be thankful for -- a good husband and kids, food in my belly, a roof over my head and a job to help pay for it. I just don't like the feeling of sadness that has enveloped me these past few days and I need to get out of this mood.

No comments: