Friday, January 30, 2009

Why You Don't Wear Mascara on Days Like This

Today was a very emotional day for me. It was the last day of work for several of my co-workers.

I was doing okay, keeping a stiff upper lip, until my boss came to say good-bye. I almost lost it but I held myself together and didn't cry.

I finally broke down when one of the women I've been friends with was leaving. She was crying so it made me cry, too. I know we'll still keep in touch, however it is sad thinking she won't be there come Monday.

Since most people left before lunch, the afternoon was very quiet in our area. I think on Monday the reality will set in.

I tried to take some pictures of a plane doing stunts at the airport this afternoon but by the time I got my act together, the pilot was finished. Too bad, the sun was actually out today.

But here's a picture taken down near our community dock yesterday evening.

Sunday Lake

1 comment:

Small City Scenes said...

Nice shot of the lake and beyond.
It is always sad to see co-workers and friends leave. MB